Friday, March 8, 2013

The Great and Powerful

In honor of Disney's new movie "Oz The Great and Powerful" which comes out today, I thought I would share with you the latest chair I have finished.





Here are some before pictures.  A nice cane back side chair with some fancy lines but boring in color and fabric quite old and stuffy.



The fabric was an ugly mustard velvet that gave the chair no character.



I decided to paint the chair emerald green.  I've been dying to paint something emerald green and I thought this was the perfect chance.  I love the color green, all greens and was excited to see that Pantone named Emerald green it's color of the year 2013.  I think it was a great choice.






I think the strong color helped bring the chair alive.



And to go with the strong emerald green I chose a faux leather with a cool lizard like pattern.






I thought the contrast of the emerald green paint and black leather worked good together and gave the chair a more regal look.






 Now unto the business of naming this new beauty.  I thought "Evanora" would be fitting.  





"Evanora" is the wicked witch played by the very beautiful Rachel Weisz in "Oz The Great and Powerful".





Evanora "exudes a powerful presence and has positioned herself as the royal advisor and protector of the Emerald City"











I think Evanora the chair has a powerful presence and would look wonderful in the Emerald City.  What do you think?




So I'm off to see the wizard and see if they could use a nice side chair!

3 comments: