Friday, March 29, 2013

I miss you Nate...



Nate Berkus that is.





Nate Berkus is one of my interior design idols and I miss seeing him everyday on his TV show since it was cancelled last year.  I loved the show so much that my sister even got us tickets to see a live taping of it in New York. 






I always thought Nate was a very handsome guy with that great hair, beautiful blue eyes and those pearly white teeth, he also seemed really nice and seeing him in person at his show confirmed that even more for me. 








 Oh well Nate I miss your show but your on to bigger and better things.  I am loving Nate's product line at Target and am excited to check out his new line of fabrics at Calico Corners and know that I'm sure to be using them for future projects.







So this next piece of furniture I named "Nate" in honor of the design guru.




It's was a fairly boring old end table or night stand that was a little beat up and neglected .  Doesn't look too great here but I was inspired by my design idol to give it a new life.




I liked the hardware but the finish was so dull it didn't show off it's cool details.


 



 I sometimes find odd things in the furniture I work on.  This time while cleaning out the inside of the cabinet I found a teeth whitening kit which I thought was funny and appropriate.





 Here is the new and improved and very handsome "Nate"!






 I decided to paint the cabinet a royal blue in honor of Nate's beautiful blue eyes. 







And painted the hardware a bright white in honor of his pearly whites (not really I just thought it would look cool).













 I styled "Nate" with a few of the things that matter to me.














Including Nate's very awesome book "The Things That Matter".

8 comments:

  1. VERY handsome and stylish, just like it's namesake! I miss Nate's show too. This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I was missing Nate so much I tried to channel his good looks into this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the color you choose. They really bring out the elegant shape of the piece. And they remind me of Nate's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have turned and old piece into a very nice new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I love being able to transform old pieces into something fresh and new.

    ReplyDelete